Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Quick Update on The Amazing Adventures Season 2

Those of you who have seen my last few tweets know that earlier this week, my computer suffered a catastrophic crash (the first I've had in years).  Long story short, I managed to save my files and get my computer running again (harder, better, faster, stronger).  When I grabbed my recording files and pulled them onto the back up hard drive, I thought I had grabbed them all.  Yeah... not so much.

Because of this, I've lost the majority of the recording files for The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses.  Shit.  The good news is that I have all of Season 1 mixed down to MPEG-3 and MPEG-4 formats which survived the transfer, so those are all nice and safe; not to mention they're all saved on Blip (say, while we're here, why don't you check out my channel and give the episodes you might have missed watch or two... or eight).  The bad news is that I had to start over recording for Season 2 from scratch. 

Work is already under way, and fortunately Episodes 11 to 15 had already been layered with sound effects and music, so it's just a question of recording and editing those.  As of Sunday, I'm done with recording episode 14, so things are moving along smoothly at about two episodes recorded per week.  I am running down on time on getting one of the guest tracks back, though (no one famous, a friend is moving because he's going to be teaching at Notre Dame), but I might just go ahead and grab him this weekend just to get his part recorded before he leaves.

Other than that, everything is coming smoothly.  I'm doing my best to not rush through the second recordings because I still want the series to sound as good as it did before (if not, better).  I'm still very pleased with this coming season, and hope that you all will be just as happy to hear the final product as I've been.

Also, have you seen that I have ad space now?  That's right, Boundcompass is willing and desperate to sell out because daddy needs to pay off his debts.  Want to show off your cool product, comic, site, or overrated opinion to the literally ten or so people that visit Boundcompass daily (two of which may be my mom and mother-in-law)?  Then give those ads a quick click.  Hell, click them enough times and Project Wonderfull might actually re-list them (the jerks) and allow me to earn a few dollars back on this time and money pit.  But hurry!  Before someone else takes your rightful place among the chosen few.  CLICK THEM NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment