Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses - Episode 10 - The Return of Aislyn Aphelion

In which and old enemy returns. Will our heroes manage to hawk the ancient alien artifact they legally procured from Baron Helion? Will they manage to outrun the enigmatic villainess? Will Reagan give two craps? No, Not really, and not a chance.


Thank you all for listening to the very first season of The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses.  Especially those of you managed to stick around for the long run.  You are few, but I know you're out there and I greatly appreciate your willingness to give me a shot.


For those wondering, yes, the second season is about 90% complete.  I'm currently working on mixing in the sound effects and music, as well as finishing up the last few title cards.  Once that's all done, it'll be ready for you consumption.  I have to say that I'm really happy at how it's coming together.  It is sounding much better now that I have some idea at what I'm doing.

I had forgotten that I had moved Platypus, the Bounty Hunter to Episode Nine.  If I recall, I think it was Episode Six or Seven originally, but moved it up to both alleviate the number of platypi jokes (seriously, I don't know why I was so obsessed with them) and to put a break between The Battle For Turgel and this recent episode to give the feeling of passing time.  It's probably an unimportant directing choice for what is intentionally a silly series, but whatever.  No one can call me on it.  So... mneh.

I fairly certain that I already mentioned this when she was first introduced, but I love writing and acting for Aislyn.  I'll try not to overlap what I've already said too much, but most of it has to do with her being the sort of character that I create when playing RPG's.  I'm pretty sure my Commander Shepard isn't too far off from her.  But, y'know, with a penis.

Because of this, I really have to try hard not to Mary Sue her.  I think I've done fairly well up to this point, but - if you haven't figured it out by now - she's going to show up again, so there are plenty of chances for me to screw this one up.  Hopefully, someone will let me know when I do.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to listen, and hope you're looking forward to Season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment