Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Audio Drama Directory

I am a dick.

For those of you who don't know, there's a database out there called The Audio Drama Directory, basically filling the harrowing job of building a listing of various audio dramas for the world to consume.  It's awesome.  If you haven't checked it out, you should.  Seriously, there are a lot of great shows listed here, and the guy (his name is Jeremy) is basically doing this for free - as far as I can tell.


By now, you may be wondering, Why, devin; why on Earth would you refer to yourself as a form of external genitalia?  Well, good reader, let me explain.   Since starting the show, I've been attempting to get either my name or  the Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses (see below; it's packed with healthy vitamins and minerals) listed out in the spoken word community.

No offense to anyone already in this community, but it's thin.  What sites you do happen to find are frequently broken, poorly constructed, no longer active, for exclusive material, or all of the above.  So when you find a site as well constructed and easy to use as say, The Audio Drama Directory, you do your best to get on it.

Well, I sent in my submission about a month ago and, as the site suggested,  I was patient.  Kinda.  Okay, so I might have submitted twice.  And then sent them an e-mail earlier this morning.  Now, before people start comparing me to Hitler, I only meant to make sure that there wasn't something I did wrong on my end, or if the show didn't make a certain requirement.

Jeremy politely e-mailed me back later in the day, and told me that he was a little backed up, apologized, and informed me that he had posted my link and mentioned me on his Twitter.  Hence, I am a dick.  I just want to get this out there.  The good news is that I am now listed in a powerful directory (why have you not yet clicked on this link, yet?).  The bad news is that I feel like I am one of the people who forces themselves to front of the line at the pharmacy just to pick up my oh-so-important subscription dental floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment