Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses - Episode 05 - The Royal Pirate Hunters

Tonight's episode is The Royal Pirate Hunters.  In which our heroes must face their deadliest enemy, yet: a pair of bored Confederated counts.  Can they escape the sleepy Count Urban Cometdust? Probably.  But watch anyway!




The last few weeks have apparently been a bunch of firsts for me.  From hitting 1000 site views and still going strong at 1652 at time of writing this, having a single episode make over 100 total views (apparently less than 10% of hits actually watch one of my episodes - awesome), and today for the first time, I forget to post the new episode.  GOING STRONG, BABY! WOO!



I suppose I have to run the entire gambit of first, don't I?  It's not like I set the site on fire (I still can't figure out how to ignite html with a Zippo).  Hopefully, this will teach me to be more aware of the day and the schedule that I promised myself and what few followers I do have that I would keep.

Since we're on negative firsts, this was the first episode that got a complete rewrite.  Not during the writing or editing process, but made it all the way to post production, all the way up to the point where I had finished adding in sound effects and was getting ready to mix in music (created by the coolest man in the room, Bradley Rains).  I listened to the original version of the episode and just got severely disappointed in it.  Actually looking at my files again, this went through a total of three re-writes.

There were countless problems, including jokes that went nowhere, Major Meson was absolutely pointless, the original conflict was non-existant, and the main couple of jokes were that the Count Urban Cometdust (originally Duke Urban Draconae) was perpetually drunk and kind of gassy, and Countess Regina Cometdust wanted to jump Reagan's bones.  Hilarious.

There were several jokes as well as dialogue lines that made it from the originals.  Including the couple's reason for going on a pirate hunting expedition, as well as Meson and Novarider fighting like children.  Suffice it to say, the new version is the one that I am much prouder of - hence why you're [hopefully] listening to it now.  Maybe at some point, I'll release the old version of the episode just for giggles so you guys can hear how bad it turned out.

In the meantime, though.  You'll just have to suffice with the good episodes.  I see you putting air-quotes over good.  Stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment