Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses - Episode 08 - The Battle for Turgel

Tonight's episode is: the Battle for Turgel.  In which our heroes must rush to the aid of a small resistance group fighting against a tyrannical Baron.  Because he's a jerk and that's what heroes do.




While I am a nerd and certainly entertain the idea of jet packs, the practical and logical side tends to give the nerd in me a swift wedgie.  I really enjoyed writing this ad.  It definitely played into the 1940's to 50's feel that I originally wanted to play up (but later got overwritten to better flesh out the universe of Captain Novarider).


The story itself was originally tended to give Derringer a bit heftier character and background (clearly, I succeeded in every aspect of this goal).  It was fun writing Baron Mikael Helion who, if you were unable to see past my layers of subtlety, is basically just a fan boy.  I figured that a tyrannical Baron and the worst type of fan boy shared roughly the same degree of self-entitlement; hence the character.

In writing Mallory (he shows up more in season 2), I'm enjoying him more and more.  This was the episode, though, that I realized his voice was really similar to Ai's.  In fact, if I were to remove the filters I'm not entirely certain I would be able to tell the two apart.  I attempted to deepen Ai's voice a little, but I'm not entirely certain it really worked out.  Because of this episode, I've tried to write future ones so that Ai doesn't show up or is heavily down played.

In other news, come Sunday I'll be a married man.  TheSardonicGirl has (for some reason) agreed to spend the rest of her life with me.  I think I'm more excited than anything.  It's a chance to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while.  Plus, y'know, presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment