Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses - Episode 09 - Platypus, the Bounty Hunter

In which our hero... gets drunk and falls asleep, apparently.  Awesome.  Well, our side kicks... are abducted by a third rate bounty hunter.  Is anyone really trying at this point?


Okay, this time, I promise: no more platypus jokes.  Seriously, I'm done.  It's okay to go back into the water.


For those of you wondering, yes, he is a cheap rip off of Dog (the Bounty Hunter) and his pose of vigilantes.  And, yes, it was extremely late at night when I came up with him and I didn't think the joke could possibly ever get old.  The character made me giggle enough to where I just decided to keep him, and all in all I'm still fairly happy with this episode.  It does do a good job of showing that the dynamic trio of Wrench, Reagan, and Hollander are fairly close friends and are willing to look after each other as well as their damsel in distress (Reagan).

At some point during the writing process, Wendy Jane's name accidentally got changed (I think it was to Mary Jane).  I didn't realize this until fairly late in the game as I was mixing in the music, and I heard the lines where her name was spoken.  I'm pretty sure I fixed them all, but knowing my luck, I'll probably listen to the episode again somewhere down the road and hear one that I missed.  I swear to god, I can edit my own writing.  I really can.

There isn't much to say about this episode's advertisement, other than I thought it was a funny joke that meshed with the tones of other ads.  For some reason though, when ads in real life mention that their company meets Buy American Standards, I always laugh.  I can't really be pinned as being pro- or anti-patriotism, I'm honestly quite neutral to either, but when certain sociopolitical statements bleed into advertising, it always strikes me as odd..  This is also the same reason that I wrote the Christ On A Cracker Schmear ad.  I can certainly understand having a target audience, and I can certainly understand picking what should be wide audiences; but I can't necessarily understand putting your product out as having either a political or religious bent to it.

 It seems that you're both opening you product up for ridicule as well as purposefully limiting it to one specific target audience (where most might hope to gain a wider following over time).  Also, really?  There's no such thing as really being able to Buy American as most products - big and small - are tied to migrant workers or imported materials.

I just finished writing the first draft of a new experimental segment for the site, so hopefully soon I'll have it fully edited.  Not too much longer after that, I'm going to sit down and record it, as well as gather materials for presentation.  Ideally, it'll be ready for release by the end of June, but that could change as I move forward on it.  It's not going to be something that's fairly common place like the Amazing Adventures, but is still going to be something that I think at least a handful might like.

As always, thank you all for coming, listening, and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment