Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Amazing Adventures of Captain Farr Novarider and the Wild Horses - Episode 04 - The Artifact From Beyond

Tonight's episode is: The Artifact From Beyond.  In which our heroes heroically hawk a priceless alien artifact they stole.  Thrilling.  And a new menace emerges from the shadows to... menace the crew of the Cabalina.




Okay, full disclosure.  I like voicing a girl.  While I'm sharing, I would take it hard from the exit only if it was coming from either Edward James Olmos or Tim Curry.  If this were high school, this is where someone would snicker at me and  mockingly say, "gay."  Thankfully, I'm secure enough in my manhood to not let that get under my skin.  So, y'know... I am rubber, you are glue.  Everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.  Neener, neener.



I don't think it's the voicing a girl part that I enjoy, so much as the character.  As you get deeper, you'll quickly figure out who I'm talking about, as I'm trying to avoid spoilers for those of you who aren't actually listening yet (what are you doing?).  Writing her is always a fund diversion from others such as Captain Novarider, Major Meson, or any of the other crew members.  My original concept for her - screw this, her name is Aislyn - my original concept for Aislyn was that she was much more of a fighter.  She almost took on the role of Bruno, but this was quickly changed almost from square one to the much more cerebral role that she currently has.

She also poses a bit of challenge, because as you can clearly tell, she is very quiet.  I have to do my best with her lines but sometimes they can come out kind of mumbley - which seems to be par for the course at this point; I am getting better, I promise.

It doesn't help the when I recorded this, I think I might have had a cold.  I can sure as hell tell you that Bruno the Barracuda did not help.  After this particular episode, I'm had to finish off a pack of cough drops and half a quart of ice cream to sooth my shattered throat.

In listening to this again, I know for a fact that I could re-record, edit, and layer this episode with much more quality than what you just listened/currently are listening/are about to listen to; but there certainly comes a time when you have to finish the project and just release it; otherwise you end up in a Duke Nukem scenario, in which you say, "Gonna be the best thing evar," and everyone who is actually intelligent just roles their eyes and nods.  In the end, I have to just chalk it up to live and learn, and hope (hope) that the next episode is just a bit better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment